Children’s Dentistry of Walnut Creek is a dental practice specializing in the oral health needs of infants, children, and young adults. We are committed to providing excellent dental care, delivered by highly trained professionals. Ideally, we want our patients to be cavity-free. Therefore, it is extremely important that children come to the dentist at an early age.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend most children's first dental visits be at age 1, or 6 months after the first tooth erupts. This first visit allows the child to gently become comfortable with their dental visits. It also focuses on prevention, rather than waiting for a problem to occur.
If your child has treatment needs, we have a wide variety of options to make your child have the best treatment and experience possible. We offer in-office sedations or general anesthesia by an anesthesiologist. We have TV’s in our treatment rooms so the children can watch a movie while they get their teeth cleaned or restored. Most importantly, we care about the health of your child.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Growth and development
- Child psychology
- Behavior management
- Hospital dentistry
- Treatment of traumatic injuries
- Treating patients with special needs
- Specialized areas unique to younger children and adolescents
At CD-WC, we can provide:
- Comprehensive and preventive dental care
- Oral hygiene instructions
- Preventive sealants
- Orthodontic (braces) referrals
- Digital X-rays (70-90% less radiation exposure)
- State-of-the-art computerized patient records
- Composite resin (white/tooth colored) fillings
- Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen (laughing gas)
- Oral sedation/ I.V. sedation